Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Old Chair


My mom recently was going to get rid of this old chair that use to be a rocking chair. Someone cut the rockers off and it was unsteady on the feet and my mom didn't like it at all. Not sure how she acquired this chair but I ended up with it. I couldn't see such a great chair going to the waste. I had a perfect plan...I would sand and paint it and get my husband to make new feet for it. My husband at first was wondering where I was going to put this chair when I finished and I responded quickly, "the living room". I could tell by his reaction he was not thrilled, but I continued as planned. I had all the paint and the materials I need for the project so I started by sanding and painting the base colors. It ended up only taking me two days to fully paint it, but my goodness I was sore. I guess all the stooping got to me. When I start something I am always in a hurry to get it done. When my husband saw the nearly finished product he loved it. He suggested I add some cute bees to the painted flowers. The reasoning behind the bees is a whole another story for later. It was a nice final touch. The chair resides in our living room now!

Cute Bees...
the final touch!

2 comments:

  1. You know Tracy that is one of the things i love about you so very much, you have that unique potential to envision such beauty such as this. Wow, looks great might i add.

    You did indeed stand firm with the overall objective of it remaining in the livingroom, Mission Complete! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy,
    Thank you so much for following my blog! And congrats on starting your own blog and making the decision to pursue something you love.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete